- S. Mofarah,* L. Schrecka, C. Cazorlaa, X. Zhenga, E. Adabifiroozjaei, C. Tsounis, J. Scott, R. Shahmiri, Y. Yaod, R. Abbasi, Y. Wang, H. Arandiyan, L. Sheppard, Esmail Doustkhah, P. Koshy, and C. C. Sorrell, Highly Catalytically Active CeO2-x-Based Heterojunction Nanostructures with Mixed Micro/Meso-Porous Architectures, Nanoscale, Accepted.
- Esmail Doustkhah,* Ramin Hassandoost, Alireza Khataee, Rafael Luque, MHN Assadi, Hard-templated synthesis of metal-organic frameworks, Chemical Society Reviews, Accepted.
- Tahawy, Esmail Doustkhah, et. al, Exceptionally Stable Green Rust, a Mixed-Valent Iron-Layered Double Hydroxide, as an Efficient Solar Photocatalyst for H2 Production from Ammonia Borane, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 286, 2021, 119854.
- S. Rad, Z. Ansarian, A. Khataee, B. Vahid, Esmail Doustkhah, N-doped graphitic carbon as a nanoporous MOF-derived nanoarchitecture for the efficient sonocatalytic degradation process, Separation and Purification Technology, 2021, 256, 117811.
- Michael Aalinejad, Nader Noroozi Pesyan, Esmail Doustkhah,* Diaza crown-type macromocycle (kryptofix 22) functionalised carbon nanotube for efficient Ni2+ loading; A unique catalyst for cross-coupling reactions, Molecular Catalysis, 2020, 494, 111117.
- A Zebardasti, MG Dekamin, Esmail Doustkhah,* MHN Assadi, Carbamate-Isocyanurate-Bridged Periodic Mesoporous Organosilica for van der Waals CO2 Capture, Inorganic Chemistry, 2020, 59, 11223-11227.
- Ahmet Şenocak, Alireza Khataee, Erhan Demirbas, Esmail Doustkhah, Ultrasensitive detection of rutin antioxidant through a magnetic micro-mesoporous graphitized carbon wrapped Co nanoarchitecture, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 2020, 312, 127939.
- Negar Yousef Tizhoosh, Alireza Khataee, Ramin Hassandoost, Reza Darvishi Cheshmeh Soltani, Esmail Doustkhah, Ultrasound-engineered synthesis of WS2@CeO2 heterostructure for sonocatalytic degradation of tylosin, Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, 67, 2020, 105114.
- Mohamed Esmat, Hamed Mohtasham, Yasser GadelHak, Reza Tarbiat Mehrebani, Rafat Tahawy, Sadegh Rostamnia, Naoki Fukata, Samad Khaksar, Esmail Doustkhah*, 2D Mesoporous Channels of PMO; a Platform for Cluster-Like Pt Synthesis and Catalytic Activity in Nitrophenol Reduction, Catalysts, 2020, 167.
- Esmail Doustkhah,* H. Mohtasham, M. Hasani, S. Rostamnia,*M. H. Hussein Assadi, Merging periodic mesoporous organosilica (PMO) with mesoporous aluminosilica (Al/Si-PMO); a promising multifunctional synergistic catalyst for green deep oxidation, Molecular Catalysis, 2020, 482, 110676.
- Esmail Doustkhah, et. al., Organosiloxane tunability in mesoporous organosilica and punctuated Pd Nanoparticles growth; theory and experiment, Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, 2020, 293, 109832.
- Roshanak Tarrahi, Zahra Fathi, M. Özgür Seydibeyoğlu, Esmail Doustkhah,*Alireza Khataee,* Polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHA): from production to nanoarchitecture, International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 2020, 146, 596-619.
- Esmail Doustkhah,* et. al., Pd nanoalloys for H2 generation from formic acid, ACS Applied Nano Materials, 2020, 3, 22-43.
- Esmail Doustkhah, Yusuke Ide, Microporous layered silicates: old but new microporous materials, New Journal of Chemistry, 2020, 44, 9957-9968.
- RN Zare, Esmail Doustkhah, MHN Assadi, Three-dimensional bone printing using hydroxyapatite-PLA composite, Materials Today: Proceedings, 2020.
- Esmail Doustkhah,* et. al., Template-oriented synthesis of single crystal hydroxyapatite nanoplate for 3D bone printing, Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 2019,7, 7228-7234.
- Esmail Doustkhah, Yusuke Ide, Bursting Exfoliation of a Microporous Layered Silicate to Three-Dimensionally Meso–Microporous Nanosheets for Improved Molecular Recognition, ACS Applied Nano Materials, 2019, 2, 7513-7520 (featured as cover art).
- Fathi, Esmail Doustkhah,* et al., Non-covalent Immobilization of Yarrowia lipolytica lipase on dendritic like-amino acid functionalized silica nanoparticles, Biomolecules, 2019, 9, 502.
- Panahi, N. Nouruzi, Esmail Doustkhah, et. al., Zirconium based porous coordination polymer (PCP) bearing organocatalytic ligand: a promising dual catalytic center for heterocycle synthesis, Ultrasonics–Sonochemistry, 2019, 58, 104653.
- Esmail Doustkhah,* et. al., Mesoporous SBA-15/PIDA as a dendrimer zwitterionic amino acid-type organocatalyst for three-component indazolophtalazine synthesis, Catalysis Letters, 2019, 149, 591-600.
- Saberi, D. Rodríguez-Padrón, Esmail Doustkhah, et. al., Mechanochemically modified aluminosilicates for efficient oxidation of vanillyl alcohol, Catalysis Communications, 2019, 118, 65-69.
- Esmail Doustkhah, et. al., Synthesis and Catalytic Applications of Sulfonic Acid-Functionalized Mesoporous Materials, Chemistry: A European Journal, 2019, 25, 1614-1635 (Frontpiece).
- Esmail Doustkhah, et. al., Thiourea-based periodic mesoporous organosilica (PMO) with ultrasmall Pd nanoparticles; a catalyst for H2 generation, Chemistry Letters, 2018, 47, 1243-1245.
- Fathi, Esmail Doustkhah,* et. al., Interaction of Yarrowia lipolytica lipase with dithiocarbamate modified magnetic carbon Fe3O4@C/DTC core-shell nanoparticles, International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 2018, 117, 218-224.
- Heidarizadeh, Esmail Doustkhah,* et al., Silica Nanostructures, a Heterogeneous Surface for Dendrimer Functionalization, ChemistrySelect 2018, 3, 7137-7151.
- Esmail Doustkhah, et. al., Copper immobilization on carboxylic acid-rich Fe3O4-Pectin: Cu2+@Fe3O4-Pectin a superparamagnetic nanobiopolymer source for click reaction, Materials Letters, 2018, 216, 139-143.
- Esmail Doustkhah, et al., Templated synthesis of atomically-thin Ag nanocrystal catalysts in the interstitial space of a layered silicate, Chemical Communications, 2018, 54, 4402-4405. (Featured as the cover art).
- -L. Hu, V. Safarifard, Esmail Doustkhah, et. al., Taking Organic Reactions Over Metal-Organic Frameworks as Heterogeneous Catalysis, Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, 256, 111-127 (Highly cited paper in Web of Science).
- Esmail Doustkhah, et. al., Thiourea Bridged Periodic Mesoporous Organosilica with Ultra-Small Pd Nanoparticles for Coupling Reactions, RSC Advances, 2017, 7, 56306-56310.
- G. Hosseini, Esmail Doustkhah, et. al., Combining Ethylenediamine and Ionic Liquid Functionalities within SBA-15: A Promising Catalytic Pair for Tandem Cu-AAC Reaction, Applied Catalysis A: General, 2017, 548, 96-102.
- Esmail Doustkhah, et. al., Design of chitosan-dithiocarbamate magnetically separable catalytic nanocomposites for greener aqueous oxidations at room temperature, Molecular Catalysis, 2017, 434, 7-15.
- Heidarizadeh, Esmail Doustkhah,* et. al., Dithiocarbamate to modify magnetic graphene oxide nanocomposite (Fe3O4-GO): A new strategy for covalent enzyme (lipase) immobilization to fabrication a new nanobiocatalyst for enzymatic hydrolysis of PNPD, International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 101, 2017, 696-702.
- Baghban, M. Heidarizadeh, Esmail, Doustkhah, et. al., Covalently bonded pancreatic lipase onto the dithiocarbamate/chitosan-based magnetite: Stepwise fabrication of Fe3O4@CS/NHCS-Lip as a novel and promising nanobiocatalyst, Internation Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 2017, 103, 1194-1200.
- Rostamnia, Esmail Doustkhah, et al., Layer by layer growth of silver chloride nanoparticle within the pore channels of SBA-15/SO3H mesoporous silica (AgClNP/SBA-15/SO3K): Synthesis, characterization and antibacterial properties. Physica E: Low-dimensional Systems and Nanostructures, 2016, 76, 146-150.
- Esmail Doustkhah,* et. al., The raise of SBA-SO3H catalytic activity by inducing ultrasound irradiation in the multicomponent syntheses. Journal of Porous Materials, 2016, 23, 549-556.
- Esmail Doustkhah, et. al., Covalently Bonded PIDA on SBA‐15 as Robust Pd Support: Water‐Tolerant Designed Catalysts for Aqueous Suzuki Couplings, ChemistrySelect, 2017, 2, 329-334.
- Rostamnia,* Esmail Doustkhah, et. al., Efficient tandem aqueous room temperature oxidative amidations catalysed by supported Pd nanoparticles on graphene oxide, Catalysis Science and Technology, 2016, 6, 4124-4133.
- S. Abaee, Esmail Doustkhah, et al., Tandem aldol Condensation-Diels–Alder-aromatization sequence of reactions: a new pathway for the synthesis of 2-tetralone derivatives. Canadian Journal of Chemistry, 2016, 94, 733-737.
- Rostamnia*, Esmail Doustkhah, et. al., Cationic modification of SBA-15 pore walls for Pd supporting: Pd@SBA-15/IL DABCO as a catalyst for Suzuki coupling in the water medium, Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, 2016, 222, 87-93.
- Rostamnia*, Esmail Doustkhah, Covalently bonded zwitterionic sulfamic acid onto the SBA-15 (SBA-15/PrEn-NHSO3H) reveals good Bronsted acidity behavior and catalytic activity in N-formylation of amines, Journal of Molecular Catalysis A: Chemistry, 2016, 411, 317-324.
- Rostamnia, Esmail Doustkhah, Sulfonic-Based Precursors (SAPs) for Silica Mesostructures: Advances in Synthesis and Applications. Nanochemistry Research Journal, 2016, 1, 19-32.
- Rostamnia*, Esmail Doustkhah, B. Zeynizadeh,* Exfoliation effect of PEG-type surfactant on Pd supported GO (SE-Pd(nanoparticle)/GO) in cascade synthesis of amides, Journal of Molecular Catalysis A: Chemistry, 2016, 416, 88-95.
- Esmail Doustkhah, S. Rostamnia, Covalently bonded sulfonic acid magnetic graphene oxide: Fe3O4@ GO-Pr-SO3H as a powerful hybrid catalyst for the synthesis of indazolophthalazinetriones, Colloid Interf. Sci., 2016, 478, 280-287.
- Rostamnia*, Esmail Doustkhah, et. al., Supported palladium ions inside periodic mesoporous organosilica with ionic liquid framework (Pd@ IL-PMO) as an efficient green catalyst for S-arylation coupling, Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, 2016, 225, 272–279.
- Rostamnia*, Esmail Doustkhah, at. al., Surfactant exfoliated highly dispersive Pd supported graphene oxide (PdNPs-GO/P123) nanocomposite as a catalyst in aerobic aqueous oxidation of alcohols, ChemCatChem, 2015, 7, 1678-1683.
- Rostamnia, Esmail Doustkhah, A. Baghban, B. Zeynizadeh, Seaweed-derived κ-carrageenan: Modified κ-carrageenan as a recyclable green catalyst in the multicomponent synthesis of aminophosphonates and polyhydroquinolines. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 2015, 133, 43190-43196.
- Rostamnia, Esmail Doustkhah, et al., An increase in the cooperative catalytic performance of SBA-15 and TFE in selective oxidation of organic sulfides. Journal of Molecular Liquids, 2015, 207, 334-337.
- Rostamnia*, B. Zeynizadeh*, Esmail Doustkhah, et al., Exfoliated Pd decorated graphene oxide nanosheets (PdNP–GO/P123): Non-toxic, ligandless and recyclable in greener Hiyama cross-coupling reaction, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 2015, 451, 46-52.
- Rostamnia*, B. Zeynizadeh*, Esmail Doustkhah, et al., The use of κ-carrageenan/Fe3O4 nanocomposite as a nanomagnetic catalyst for clean synthesis of rhodanines, Catalysis Communications, 2015, 68, 77-83.
- Rostamnia*, Esmail Doustkhah, Increased SBA-15-SO3H Catalytic Activity through Hydrophilic/Hydrophobic Fluoroalkyl-Chained Alcohols (RFOH/SBA-15–Pr-SO3H), Synlett, 2015, 26, 1345-1347, Highlighted in Synfact.
- Rostamnia., Esmail Doustkhah, Synthesis of water-dispersed magnetic nanoparticles (H2O-DMNPs) of β-cyclodextrin modified Fe3O4 and its catalytic application in Kabachnik-Fields multicomponent reaction. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 2015, 386, 111-116.
- Rostamnia Esmail Doustkhah, et al., Application of the β-cyclodextrin supramolecules as a green accelerator hosts in one-step preparation of highly functionalized rhodanine scaffolds. Supramolecular Chemistry, 2014, 27, 1-3.
- Rostamnia*, Esmail Doustkhah, Nanoporous silica-supported organocatalyst: a heterogeneous and green hybrid catalyst for organic transformations, RSC Advances, 2014, 4, 28238-28248.
- Rostamnia, Esmail Doustkhah, A mesoporous silica/fluorinated alcohol adduct: an efficient metal-free, three-component synthesis of indazolophthalazinetrione heterocycles using a reusable nanoporous/trifluoroethanol adduct (SBA-15/TFE). Tetrahedron Letters, 2013, 55, 2508-2512.
- Rostamnia, Esmail Doustkhah, et al., Hexafluoroisopropanol dispersed into the nanoporous SBA-15 (HFIP/SBA-15) as a rapid, metal-free, highly reusable, and suitable combined catalyst for domino cyclization process, Journal of Fluorine Chemistry, 2013, 153, 1-6.
- Rasul Bulgar, Esmail Doustkhah, et al., A balance on the hydrophobicity and hydrophilicity of SBA-15-SO3H with fluoroalkylchained alcohols (RFOH/SBA-15-Pr-SO3H) and its effect on the catalytic activity, Proceedings of the 2nd Iran National Zeolite Conference (2INZC), 2015.
- Ali Baghban*, Esmail Doustkhah, Sadegh Rostamnia*, Nanoporous crystalline Pd@MIL-101 as heterogeneous recyclable catalyst in the oxidation of benzylic alcohols in aqueous media, Proceedings of the 2nd Iran National Zeolite Conference (2INZC), 2015.
- Hassan Alamgholilo, Esmail Doustkhah, et al., Where the actives sites of Metal-organic framework MIL-101 catalyze the selective oxidation of sulfides, Proceedings of the 2nd Iran National Zeolite Conference (2INZC), 2015.
- H. Alamgholilo, Esmail Doustkhah, et al., Nanoporous crystalline Pd@MIL-101 as a heterogeneous recyclable catalyst in the oxidation of benzylic alcohols in aqueous media, Proceedings of the 2nd Iran National Zeolite Conference (2INZC), 2015.
- Esmail Doustkhah and Sadegh Rostamnia,* Effect of Microwave Irradiation on Amine Based MOF Nanoporous Materials, Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Nanostructures (ICNS5), 2014.
- Raise of adsorption behavior of mesoporous silica containing thiol functionalities in the removal of copper as water pollutant, Esmail Doustkhah, Rasul Bulgar, S. Rostamnia, Iranian Patents, 2015.
Chapters and books
- Benzodiazepine-Based Drug Discovery (Heterocyclic Drug Discovery), Elsevier Science Publishing Co Inc, Authors: Farzad Zamani, Esmail Doustkhah, Under preparation. (BOOK with 370 pages), ISBN: 9780128245163.
- Solvent-Free Methods in Nanocatalysis: From Catalyst Design to Applications, Editor: Rafael Luque, Esmail Doustkhah, Manoj Gawande, Anandarup Goswami, Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co., Under Preparation (BOOK).
- Esmail Doustkhah,* et al., “Exfoliated graphene based 2D materials; Synthesis and Catalytic behaviors” Chapter in: “Graphene- Modification and Functionalisation” handbook on Graphene Materials Book series”, Wiley.
- Esmail Doustkhah, et al., “Palladium nanoparticles encapsulated by mesoporous silica materials, a promising catalyst in organic transformations” Chapter in: Encapsulated Catalysts, Elsevier Publications, 2017.
- Rostamnia, Esmail Doustkhah, “Synthesis and Synthetic Applications of Biologically Interesting Rhodanine and Rhodanine-Based Scaffolds” Chapter in: Green Chemistry: Synthesis of Bioactive Heterocycles, Springer India, 2014.
- Esmail Doustkhah, Sadegh Rostamnia, The role of nanoporous materials in the multicomponent synthesis/modification of heterocyclic compound, CRC Publications, 2017.
- IR Spectroscopy: Applications and Fundamental, By Santa Barbara, Translated by: Nader Noroozi Pesyan, Esmail Doustkhah and Ali Zabardasti, Urmia University Publication, 2013.
- The Art of Drug Synthesis, Edited by: D. S. Johnson and J. J. Li, 2007, John Wiley & Sons, Inc. Translated by: Nader Noroozi Pesyan, Ali Zabardasti, Soheyl Jafari and Esmail Doustkhah, Urmia University Publication, 2014.